City on a Hill Director's Commentary

Friday, January 18, 2008

2007 recap

Hello! If you’re here, I suspect it’s because you’re trying to learn a little about City on a Hill 2008, and you were curious about the “Director’s Commentary” site. If you browse a bit, you’ll see that this is the first post I’ve put up in several months.

There are a couple reasons that I haven’t posted for awhile. One is obvious…if you look at my comment counts, you’ll see that this is a bit of a lonely place. But since you’re here, feel free to post a comment!

And in case you like to lurk here but not actually leave your footprints, here’s a brief recap of 2007:

Spring:
Carol and I received our foster care license and did some short term care (respite) for some other foster parents.
I took a trip to Colorado Springs for work and discovered (among other things) why people love Chick-Fil-A so much.
Carol and I went down to Kansas City to see the Royals beat the Red Sox on opening day. It was not a sign of things to come for either team.

Summer:
City on a Hill was a great experience again. Forty-one very cool high school students spent a week with us getting an intense education in the Christian worldview. We made lots of friends and had a blast.
We bought a new house so that we would have more space to take in foster kids.
I spent two weeks at Biola University working on my M.A. in Christian Apologetics.
I went to a conference in Connecticut for Acton Institute and met some great people and learned a lot about the intersection of economics and the Christian worldview. While I was there, I also received some life-changing news, as…
Carol and I took in four foster kids that are still with us. They’re siblings (5 year old boy, 3 year old girl, 2 year old girl, and 9 month old girl) They’re a lot of fun most of the time, but some nights you can’t pay ‘em to go to sleep. So I show up at Family First looking like I could use a nap. They’re still with us, and we thank God for the experience that we’ve had with them.

Fall:
I survived my last full semester of grad school. I just have three hours of work in spring ’08 and I’ll be done!
We sold the old house (actually this occurred on 1/3/08)
I caught a hot dog at the NU-KSU game!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home